Eligibility and Enrollment
The Virtual Learning Academy is free to students who:
- Are high school age (up to age 22)
Reside in St. Clair County
Have dropped out of school
Have been expelled
Have been referred by the court system
Have been referred by their previous school's counselor or principal
Are seeking an alternative learning option
Virtual Learning Academy students must commit to spending a minimum of 30 hours a week on their schoolwork to be considered full-time students. Each student has a personalized academic plan that determines the amount of time a student works onsite or from home.
Students can enroll in the Virtual Learning Academy in four easy steps.
- Fill out a Contact Form to apply for enrollment.
- Or call (810) 364-1362
- You will be contacted to inform you of your eligibility for our school.
- If eligible, you will be asked to attend an informational meeting about our school.
- You and a parent or guardian will be invited to attend an enrollment meeting.
- You will be assigned to an orientation class.
- After the orientation class is completed, you and your parent will meet with VLA staff about our equipment lending agreement.