- Annual Education Report
- Educational Goals
- Michigan Integrated Continuous Improvement Process
- Safety Drill Reporting
- Continuity of Learning Plan
Annual Education Report (AER)
The Annual Education Report (AER) provides detailed information on teacher quality, student assessment and accountability, and other educational information for schools, districts, and the state in one convenient place. The AER report is designed to meet the federal requirements of the Every Student Succeeds Act (ESSA), the most recent reauthorization of the Elementary and Secondary Education Act of 1965 (ESEA), by helping school districts to easily package the required data elements for annual federal reporting.
Education Goals for the 2022-2023 School Year
- Interim Progress - (Will be posted by February 2023)
- End of Year Progress - (Will be posted by June 2023)
Education Goals for the 2021-2022 School Year
COVID-19 Extended Learning Plan 2020-2021
This plan does not replace the District's COVID-19 Preparedness & Response Plan. It is an additional plan that includes new assurances and sections on educational goals, instructional delivery, grading, and equitable access. Here is the link to VLA's Extended Learning Plan that was approved by our authorizing body, St. Clair County RESA, on September 28, 2020. Please see the links below for our educational goals progress updates.
- Goal Reporting - Feb. 1, 2021
- Goal Reporting - June 30, 2021
VLA has held 3 professional development days (6 hours in duration each) for staff since the beginning of the 2020-2021 school year. Topics have included Google Classroom, Cleaning Protocols, a book study on the Pandemic Population, School Improvement, and Tech Tools. Our PD scheduled in February will cover topics including Xello Career Exploration, Legal Updates, and Building Student Relationships.
Use of Google Classroom and the staff created Supplemental Instruction YouTube Videos has been discussed with students and parents using social media, mailed home newsletters, and our school App. Given that VLA is an online program, further instructions to access and use virtual content was not necessary as this instruction is provided for all students when they enroll during their information meetings and orientation.
The Michigan Integrated Continuous Improvement Process (MICIP) is a pathway for districts to improve student outcomes by assessing whole child needs to develop plans and coordinate funding.
2022-2023 School Year Schedule
- September 13, 2022, 10 a.m.
- Josh Everitt, VLA Principal, successfully held fire drill 1 of 5.
- October 19, 2022, 12 p.m.
- Josh Everitt, VLA Principal, successfully held fire drill 2 of 5.
- November 8, 2022, 11:30 a.m.
- Josh Everitt, VLA Principal, successfully held fire drill 3 of 5.
- March 22, 2023, 11 a.m.
- May 4, 2023, 12:30 p.m.
- November 7, 2022, 11 a.m.
- Josh Everitt, VLA Principal, successfully held tornado drill 1 of 2.
- March 21, 2023, 10 a.m.
- November 9, 2022, 10:30 a.m. (s
- Liz Yanik, VLA Program Coordinator, successfully held lock-down drill 1 of 2.
- March 23, 2023, 11:30 a.m.
- May 2, 2023, 12:00 p.m.
Electronic signature acknowledging the above information and "held" drills are accurate.
Josh Everitt, VLA Principal
The goal of a Continuity of Learning Plan is to ensure that each District or Public School Academy is providing, to the best of its ability, each student with alternative modes of instruction to help them stay on pace in their learning.